We’re happy to repair/service any bike wherever you bought it from.
Considering new bar tape to refresh the look and feel of the bike? Get it expertly fitted to ensure a smooth finish.
Free safety check-over and estimate
Pop your bike in any time for a free safety checkover and we’ll discuss how we can make it better.
If we recommend a repair or service, we always give you an estimate of the final bill before we start working on your bike. Then it’s completely up to you if you want us to go ahead with the job.
Basic Service – £35
Especially recommended for a lightly used bike, the Basic Service offers you the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your major bike mechanicals – the brakes and gears – are working properly.
- Check and adjust brakes and gears.
- Check and inflate tyres.
- NB – £35 covers the labour costs of a Basic Service. Any parts required will be quoted for in the estimate and added to the final bill.
Standard Service – £55
The Standard Service covers every externally adjustable moving part of the bike, so it is much more thorough than our Basic Service. Plus the bike is test ridden, so we can confidently back up our Standard Service with a 6 month guarantee that covers the work carried out on your bike.
As Basic Service, plus:
- Check and externally adjust hubs, headset and bottom bracket.
- Replace brake blocks/pads (if required).
- Lubricate cables (replace if required).
- Lubricate chain and derailleurs.
- Check/tighten all nuts and bolts.
- Test ride.
- 6 month guarantee on all work carried out.
- NB – £55 covers the labour cost of a Basic Service. Any parts required will be quoted for in the estimate and added to the final bill.
Deluxe Service – £120
Our Deluxe Service is a complete bicycle overhaul – same as a pro mechanic would devote to a bike before a big race. Here, the mechanic will spend the best part of a full working day, stripping the bike down to the bare frame and carefully rebuilding it.
Every part of the bike is individually cleaned and carefully checked before it is refitted. New brake pads are fitted if required. Serviceable bearings are re-greased and/or replaced as necessary.
If your gears and brakes are cable operated, we’ll fit new Shimano cables. The cost of the cable set (approx £30) is included in the price of the service. If your bike has hydraulic brakes, we’ll bleed the brakes and replace the fluid – again at no extra charge for the brake oil.
Our Deluxe Service has grown a cult following over the years. Many of our customers look upon their annual Bike Co-op Deluxe Service as a necessity, rather a luxury. If you cycle most days, or you have a big ride coming up, we hugely recommend considering a Deluxe Service. We promise you won’t be disappointed.
As Standard Service, plus
- Complete strip down and rebuild including headset, bottom bracket and hubs (excludes suspension forks & shocks).
- All threads cleaned and chased.
- Wheels trued & tensioned.
- New Shimano gear cables
- New Shimano brake cables (or brake fluid if your bike has hydraulic brakes)
- NB – £120 covers the labour cost of a Deluxe Service. Any parts fitted will (apart from cables and brake fluid, which won’t be charged for) will be quoted for in the estimate and added to the final bill.